June 19, 2012 in Uncategorized
Hello Health bloggers!!
We’re moving all active 24.com blogs across to WordPress.
Here’s what you need to know:
The date set for the move is Monday, 25 June. What this means is that you’ll need to stop blogging by 2pm, 24 June (a day before the migration), as all blogs affected will be taken down and will only be up the next morning.
You are currently a Health24 blogger
- After the migration you will still be a Health blogger but your blog will the same look and feel that the already migrated blogs have. The URL for the Health24 blogs will be as follows: blogs.health24.com.
- You’ll be able to sell adverts on your blog! (24.com is only going to take one ad position, as opposed to all of ‘em, like before. So you’ll be able to have both Google and your own ads!)
Here are some of the amazing new features you can look forward to:
- No more albums! You can just load up pics directly
- Private messaging – because you don’t always want to tell everyone everything
- You can upload videos (within limits of course)
- Widgets – We’ve preloaded all sorts of nifty widgets for you to use on your blog
- Comment filters – There is WAY better control over trolls and spammers!
- Mobile – wordpress is fully mobile. Download the app for your mobile so long so that you can start blogging from your phone as soon as your blog has been migrated!
- Add several authors to your blog – allow guest authors to create posts for you to edit and publish to your blog
- A huge SEO boost (That’s Search Engine Optimisation for those of you not in the know) to help your blog rank well on search engines
- Get excited by WordPress.tv to see what fabulousness is in store
We will keep you updated every step of the way, so for now you just have to watch this space.
Please don’t change your details during the next two weeks, as we don’t want to lose your blog during our migration!
Also, make sure you back up your blog/subscriber list roll. I’d suggest you create a document and save the links of all the blogs you have in your roll, as this won’t be migrated to WordPress.
Also note the following:
Your own themes and images for the look and feel of your blog – save them now, they will not be carried over. You will just have to re-insert them into your new blog
Friends – your friendships will not be carried over and you will have to re-connect on the new platform
I’ll make sure to post more details as follows, but for now, make sure you read through this carefully – and if you have any questions, to let me know.
Until next time.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org